To gain better understanding of brainstorming technique as a part of problem solving process; to learn how to run/participate in a brainstorming session.
Topic: "Get Shocked"
1. Break up into four groups.
2. Decide who is the moderator for session I.
3. The moderator runs session I for five minutes. The goal of this session is to generate as many ideas as your group can.
4. Report to the instructor and class how many ideas your group produced through session I.
5. Each group chooses three ideas with potential from existing ideas. Decide who is the moderator for session II.
6. The moderator runs session II for five minutes. The goal of this session is to develop/edit three potential ideas.
7. Each group chooses one best idea from the three. Decide who is the moderator for session III.
8. The moderator runs session III for five minutes. The goal of this session is to further develop this final idea. Things that could be discussed during this session include, but certainly are not limited to, concept, storyline, visual and audio style, etc.
9. One member from each group presents the final idea to class.
10. Turn in all your notes from three sessions. Make sure to write down group members' names and moderator for each session.